POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : colors from images : Re: colors from images Server Time
24 Apr 2024 21:43:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: colors from images
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 13 May 2019 13:25:05
Message: <web.5cd9a7a7b81912f83c1c78400@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,

> very nice.  I tried it with some images and got interesting renderings.  one
> image though (png, 8-bit RGB) gives me a problem, it is an at-night photo of a
> street and I expected mostly black spheres.  instead - nothing, no (visible)
> spheres.  does the code not work with "black and white"?
>

> regards, jr.

Hmmh - I don't know, how a perfect black and white is depicted in hsl space.
Perhaps it is not a cylinder, but a double cone with black and white as single
points at top and bottom - but I don't think this is the case.

If you used extremely large images as input, you get very small spheres and if
you really have mostly black colors, you get an almost blank result. Perhaps it
helps, if you increase the sphere radius.

Norbert