POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mining operations in a new future world : Re: Mining operations in a new future world Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:00:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mining operations in a new future world
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 9 May 2019 17:30:00
Message: <web.5cd49addfbff03cb4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Hj. Malthaner" <han### [at] nospamgmxde> wrote:

> But ... would a race that can build spaceships resort to such machines?
> I am worried I'll have technological clash there.

I suppose it depends on what level of technology they have, how far along in
their exploration history they are, who's in charge of the mission and the
money, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6FX-Y6fIXw

There are lots of discussions of mining operations in Sci Fi - both on Earth and
in space from "Victor Appleton II's" _Tom Swift's and his Atomic Earth Blaster_,
and Arthur C. Clarke's _2061: Odyssey Three_,  to Frederick Pohl's _Mining the
Oort_.

We have every level of technology, and still have people who dig with shovels.
Other people use 3D printers to make trinkets.  So I don't see a "conflict".

Envision your story and make it your own.  :)