POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : George Stephenson's Rocket : Re: George Stephenson's Rocket Server Time
16 Apr 2024 14:25:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: George Stephenson's Rocket
From: Ton
Date: 2 May 2019 18:50:01
Message: <web.5ccb73386bc50fb542d8ebd00@news.povray.org>
> On 2019-05-02 6:18 AM (-4), Ton wrote:
>  > Thomas de Groot wrote:
> >> What a beauty! I never realised somehow that the boiler was oval-shaped.
> >> I assumed it was circular like the more recent steam locs.
> >
> > Bedankt for the compliment.
> > Is it oval? It's supposed to be a circle, a round circle.
>
> Do the camera right & up vectors match the image aspect ratio (16:9)?
> If I force-view the image at the camera default ratio, which is 4:3, the
> boiler cross section looks circular.
>
> If your camera block lacks these two vectors, you can fix the distortion
> by adding
>    right 16/9 * x
> to your camera block.

This is highly embarrassing. Povray 3.8 sets the aspect ratio depending on the
image format. So I didn't set the right vector in the camera.
The #version in my pov-file was set to 3.7 however, and then the aspect ratio is
1.33.
There are some hawk-eyed people out there. Thanks everybody.

BTW as excuse for myself: As long as there are no circles in your object, you
hardly notice! Poor excuse, I know, but better than nothing.

Cheers
Ton.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: