POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Location of Noise() and VScale() in source? : Re: Location of Noise() and VScale() in source? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 01:02:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Location of Noise() and VScale() in source?
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 19 Apr 2019 23:35:00
Message: <web.5cba922955627606284a685a0@news.povray.org>
> I was just poking around in the turbulence code, and it references
>
> Noise ()
> and
> VScale ()
>
> I was wondering where those were located.
>
> I tried
>
> find -type f -exec grep -H ' Noise(' {} \;
>
> But it's not in pattern, texture, normal, or fnintern (that I see)

Hello Bill

There's a definition of Noise here:
https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/blob/master/source/core/material/noise.h#L196

In which file did you see VScale ?

BTW: Have you ever tried Midnight Commander ?
I find it very easy to use when searching through a lot of files.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com