POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : color_maps : back to basics : Re: color_maps : back to basics Server Time
20 Apr 2024 00:56:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: color_maps : back to basics
From: Leroy
Date: 15 Apr 2019 16:40:01
Message: <web.5cb4eb34e0a4d32d4517dadb0@news.povray.org>

> I think in addition to solely the color_map, a pattern visualizer would be
> useful so that you could apply the color_map to a pattern and adjust it with
> feedback in real time.   That would be a HUGE step forward in developing
> textures.

Color Mapper comes with 5 test patterns gradient x & y, spherical, boxed, and a
pseudo-random pattern that I added for fun. One of the 5 is displayed and
changes each time you change the map. I thought about adding more. But at the
time I didn't know as much as I do now and I had other projects to do.
 Oh your right about the slider bars:) They let you choose a color. Then you can
put that color any where on the map.

> It's where I was aiming at with this little project:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C5acf08bc%241%40news.povray.org%3E/

I'd like to see your code. If I was going to use it to test a color map I'd put
it on a plane. Then while testing I could move the pattern around.