POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Parse error: Uncategorized error thrown at parser/parsertypes.cpp line 62 : Re: Parse error: Uncategorized error thrown at parser/parsertypes.cpp line = Server Time
19 Apr 2024 03:50:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parse error: Uncategorized error thrown at parser/parsertypes.cpp line =
From: Warren
Date: 21 Mar 2019 14:25:00
Message: <web.5c93d6a8d2cec0344c2823a70@news.povray.org>
> On 3/19/19 4:01 PM, Warren wrote:
> > Hello / Hi
> > I have installed PovRay 3.8.0-x.10064738.unofficial last sunday on Ubuntu with
> > the sources compilation.
> > To easily switch between several povray versions I have the following files in
> > 'usr/local/bin' :
> > 'povray3-7' which is the binary of the stable 3.7 branch
> > 'povray3-8' which is the binary of the 3.8.0[etc] described above
> > and a file 'povray' which is a symbolic link that can point to one of the two
> > binaries above.
> >
> > I have a scene that renders with povray 3.7 but doesn't with v3.8.
> > With the 3.8 version, povray outputs the following message in the console:

> I can confirm the v38 issue. Also running Ubuntu 18.04 though g++7 vs
> Warren's 8.
>
> It seems the v3.8 branch (commit 74b3ebe) needs a space ahead of the
> macro #end statement to work as follows:
>
> #macro LoadThing(filePath)
>      #include filePath
>   #end                 // <-- Add extra space before #end and OK
>
> LoadThing("zoomBangCrash.inc")
>
> and whenever the include file has an empty line, C++ comment style line,
> C++ comment line and then a declare line. The following for
> zoomBangCrash.inc, less the line numbers, is also a v3.8 parse issue if
> there is no space ahead of the main file macro #end:
>
> 01
> 02 //
> 03 //
> 04 #declare A=1;
>
> Perturb the include much and things work whether there is a space before
> the macro #end or not. Change the #declare A=1; to #declare Sphere00 =
> sphere { 0, 1 } for example and things are fine.
>
> Bill P.

Hello / Hi
I made the changes you suggested and everything works fine now (I get all the
textures I normally have when I use v3.7 but with the v3.8 this time). In fact,
I use the v3.8 because there's a bug in the v3.7 with the conic_sweep prisms
when the camera is orthographic and its direction perpendicular to the caps of
the pyramid ( I posted a message about this bug some time ago, it seemed povray
3.7 fail to find roots ). Thank you for your support :-D