POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Unsharp mask : Re: Unsharp mask Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:33:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unsharp mask
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 17 Feb 2019 01:15:01
Message: <web.5c68fba8b7a55a2b79416a1f0@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
> Don't hesitate to ask if there's anything you need me to explain about these
> macros.

That's a very kind offer. My computer is out for repairs for the next week to
two so I'll have to wait until it's back to see if your macros will work with
the particular project I have in mind. The improvement on the boat picture is so
dramatic that I can't wait to give it a try! The specifics of the scene I'm
working on are that I'm using an image mapped to a plane as a background,
combined with some CSG objects in the foreground. POV blurs the background image
slightly. The CSG objects don't need any sharpening so I don't want to apply the
unsharp mask to the completed image but I'm hoping your macros can restore the
background image to its original sharpness during the rendering process.

Regards,
Dave Blandston