POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Unsharp mask : Re: Unsharp mask Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:34:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unsharp mask
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 16 Feb 2019 01:40:01
Message: <web.5c67afcab7a55a2b79416a1f0@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
> I've now added an example in my Gaussian blur GitHub repository that shows how
> one can apply an Unsharp Mask filter to images with POV-Ray alone.

That's astounding! I may already have a use for this. I have a scene that uses a
bitmap image as a background and I noticed that using an image_map blurs the
image slightly (unless I'm doing something wrong). Maybe your unsharp mask will
help this scene.

Thank you for sharing this inspirational source code!

Regards,
Dave Blandston