POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : parallel processing : Re: parallel processing Server Time
19 Apr 2024 06:08:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: parallel processing
From: jr
Date: 14 Jan 2019 06:10:01
Message: <web.5c3c6d08b0db2a4948892b50@news.povray.org>
hi,

"John McCulloch" <jmc### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> What is the currently supported / generally accepted parallel implementation of
> povray to render, for example, on a linux cluster? I'm looking for a visual
> demonstration to persuade potential users to consider running their engineering
> codes on a cluster versus individual node.

nothing supported/generally accepted, as clipka pointed out, but one of the
POV-Ray "regulars" runs a small render farm on his network, based I understand
on custom written software.  not the same as a cluster of course, but have a
browse for posts by "Dik Balaska"[*], they often have links to his
projects/site.

regards, jr.

[*] although regular, I haven't seen a post of his in the last few weeks, RL I
guess.