POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Boost library error : Boost library error Server Time
25 Apr 2024 09:47:15 EDT (-0400)
  Boost library error
From: DanielM
Date: 11 Jan 2019 19:25:00
Message: <web.5c3933476bf57c61c8552d680@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

I have been trying to install povray for a while now on the stampede2 cluster
(TACC) and I keep getting the following error:

configure: error: We could not detect the boost libraries (version 1.37 or
higher). If you have a staged boost library (still not installed) please specify
$BOOST_ROOT in your environment and do not give a PATH to --with-boost option.
If you are sure you have boost installed, then check your version number looking
in <boost/version.hpp>. See http://randspringer.de/boost for more documentation.

BOOST is by default installed on the stampede2 cluster however povray does not
detect it.

I have installed boost locally several times with several versions and still get
the same error. I have linked it, set it in my environment like it asks me too
and it gives the same error. I saw this was posted before with some sort of
solution (a very vague solution) and nothing has worked. I see many people with
this same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all,

Daniel M