POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Moire patterns when trying to create isosurface of earth using image maps : Moire patterns when trying to create isosurface of earth using image maps Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:47:54 EDT (-0400)
  Moire patterns when trying to create isosurface of earth using image maps
From: COMPATT
Date: 2 Jan 2019 02:20:00
Message: <web.5c2c65dc75f38fcf3008c61f0@news.povray.org>
Even when I use an accuracy of 0.0001 I continue to get moire patterns at the
"terminator" of my planet when the light rays would be striking at a very low
angle to the isosurface I am not getting a max gradient error but I am using a
very high resolution greyscale topographic image map any ideas on how to make
them go away completely? I am not interested in using a mesh instead I would
like to do this just using the image map as an isosurface function. Not sure
what to include in this post to help you help me so please let me know what
other info will be helpful