POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some older renderings from an old POVhead : Re: Some older renderings from an old POVhead Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:48:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some older renderings from an old POVhead
From: Samuel B
Date: 29 Dec 2018 17:55:00
Message: <web.5c27fa8a555f9722102e48c00@news.povray.org>
I don't think I ever posted an updated version of the bubbles I was rendering...
My first attempts used blobs, which totally failed to capture the subtleties and
detail of actual minimal surfaces. Unsatisfied, I turned my attention to actual
geometry... only to find even more trouble, since the trade-off always seems to
be: accuracy? or a long render time? choose one.

At any rate, I found out that three surfaces have to meet at 120 degrees if you
want any sort of accuracy in your bubble cluster. This image portrays the
metrics involved for two bubbles.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'doublebubble2d.png' (28 KB)