POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some older renderings from an old POVhead : Some older renderings from an old POVhead Server Time
23 Apr 2024 09:06:25 EDT (-0400)
  Some older renderings from an old POVhead
From: Samuel B
Date: 29 Dec 2018 17:20:01
Message: <web.5c27f23f2a940bca102e48c00@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

Yeah, so it's been a while. I stop in every once in a while to lurk and see what
everyone's up to. Seems to have calmed down a bit 'round these parts, but it's
nice to know the POV-Ray community still exists (not to mention its one binding
factor).

I haven't really been rendering much lately, but here are some things made
between 2015-17. I hope to pick up some steam again so I don't, you know, die of
boredom and inactivity or something :P

First up is an image of the planet Earth lit up at night. A point light was
placed at the very top of the sphere to project a semi-transparent image onto
the plane... or I used spherical inversion. Can't remember, but the result is
nearly the same either way. The bloom is from a newer technique that uses 2-pass
separable gaussian blur. Faster, but not too flexible.

~Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'earthnight17m_52s_bloom.jpg' (304 KB)

Preview of image 'earthnight17m_52s_bloom.jpg'
earthnight17m_52s_bloom.jpg