POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : negative scale? : Re: negative scale? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 08:52:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: negative scale?
From: Leroy
Date: 25 Dec 2018 16:25:00
Message: <web.5c229f9afbbfc375d335880@news.povray.org>
> On 24-12-2018 4:49, Leroy wrote:
> > when I use this
> > function{pigment{image_map scale<-1,-1,1>}}
> > I get artifacts around the edges.
> > Why is this? Any one else come across this and have a work around?
> >
> > Have Fun!
> >

> Do you intend to use this function in a height_field? I do not know if
> this is related, but I get artefacts around the edges of a image_map
> function's height_field, independently of scale by the way. I solved it
> by just intersecting away the height_field edges with a slightly smaller
> box.
> Thomas

Merry Christmas :)
 I was using the function to make a color palette from any image.
I use that palette to convert the image into a 'pcx' file.
Then use the 'pcx' file to make a 'cin' video file.
Using POV  all the while.
 The function works fine if don't scale it negatively.

 Thanks for you input.

Have Christmas fun!