POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Multiple Cameras (feature suggestion) : Re: Multiple Cameras (feature suggestion) Server Time
24 Apr 2024 07:49:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multiple Cameras (feature suggestion)
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Dec 2018 08:40:00
Message: <web.5c0bc8e573c42217765e06870@news.povray.org>
> Am 07.12.2018 um 23:18 schrieb Matthias:

> There's a conceptual problem with this: It is the camera that defines
> where a ray originates and in which direction it goes. So you have to
> associate a camera /before/ you test which object(s) the ray hits.

Hi Matthias,

I haven't played around much with the different types of cameras, but perhaps
you could do on or both of two things.

I know that people have been playing around with stereograms and anaglyphs -
since those "overlay two slightly different views", then perhaps that's a way to
do what you want - only with two very different views.

You may also want to investigate the mesh camera and user-defined camera in
POV-Ray.

Also, I recall that with hgPOVRay, Jerome Grimbert (LeForgeron) and others were
experimenting with multiple camera views in a single render - it might have been
MegaPOV or UberPOV....

Perhaps check out one of those forks and see if that gets you what you need.