POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Dictionary 'reassign' : Re: Dictionary 'reassign' Server Time
23 Apr 2024 20:11:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dictionary 'reassign'
From: jr
Date: 4 Dec 2018 16:55:00
Message: <web.5c06f675a98f76e2e43b71790@news.povray.org>
hi,

ingo <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> in news:web.5c06d2c1a98f76e2e43b71790@news.povray.org jr wrote:
> > I don't suppose "the other way round" is any good to you?  eg:
>
> I'll have to reorient my brain for that, but I'll have a try. It may
> work for a few things but probably not for the the more complex
> structures I have.
>
> #declare Fabrik = dictionary{
> };

I kept this onscreen for a while -- pretty awe-inspiring.  :-)

I also had a (very) cursory look at the pdf documenting the FABRIK algorithm.

given all that I'm thinking -- were I in your shoes -- I'd like to get a level
of abstraction between self and the details.  so, perhaps a "tree.inc", a set of
macros which implement the exact needed subset of
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_(data_structure)#Common_operations.  if nothing else,
it would reduce the amount of implementation detail I'd need to deal with.

anyway, if you want someone to test some code etc, feel free to write.

regards, jr.