POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Bad cylinder warp causes crash : Re: Bad cylinder warp causes crash Server Time
19 Apr 2024 07:50:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad cylinder warp causes crash
From: jr
Date: 1 Dec 2018 09:50:01
Message: <web.5c029e767cc2800e43b71790@news.povray.org>
hi,

"green" <rov### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > sort of works for me.  your version renders the cap but no walls (maybe because
> > I use a wrong image?), green's version renders cap and solid (blue) wall.
> > strange.  v3.8.0-alpha.9945627.unofficial.
>
> i used povray-3.8.0-x.tokenizer.9945666-av627-Win64.

I just tried on a different machine (same x.tokenizer version but compiled from
source).

interestingly (if that's the word :-)), I get no crash but now both your and
Bald Eagle's version render just the cap, the wall has gone.

>  with the non-crashing
> versions i show a very dark wall (gray), not my image.  i messed around with it
> a little while and concluded i know nothing about 'warp'.  i also do not know
> why putting scale before texture would work, or not work.  but recasting the
> image_map as map_type 2 (no warp) works (shows the image), but crashes when the
> scale is before texture.

I used the code unmodified, except for image and #if(0) guards.

regards, jr.