POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Prototype Ad : Re: Prototype Ad Server Time
19 Apr 2024 08:05:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prototype Ad
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 28 Nov 2018 14:15:00
Message: <web.5bfee86c5ce994c779416a1f0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> So I think it depends on the use it is to be put to. If it is to grab
> the viewer's attention then it works.
> That limitation of 5 seconds smells as if there might be a reason hiding
> behind it. ;)

The length limitation is imposed on all ads on the particular site I plan to
use, but the site itself is perfect for my purpose because almost 100% of
visitors to that site should be my target audience so I'm motivated to work with
the limitation. My goal is to use the five seconds to implant the address of my
site in the viewer's mind and generate enough interest to encourage him to take
a look. The ad itself will be clickable but by the time someone decides to click
the ad it will be gone! I have to do a really good job of getting my website
name/address across because it has a .net extension. The name I wanted with a
..com extension is held by a domain name investor who wants $40,000 for it. So
I'm glad to hear that you think it grabs the viewer's attention. I just don't
want to lose the attention again by making the ad too busy, like you mentioned.
Thank you for the comments!

Regards,
Dave Blandston