POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Prototype Ad : Re: Prototype Ad Server Time
24 Apr 2024 03:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prototype Ad
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 27 Nov 2018 22:10:01
Message: <web.5bfe06205ce994c779416a1f0@news.povray.org>
> [Lots of helpful things!]

That's the kind of feedback I was hoping for - those are great suggestions Bill!

The ad started out being relatively simple and I just kept adding stuff. You are
100% correct that it's visually distracting but I don't know how to organize it.
Thank you for taking the time to write your ideas. My original plan was for
things to appear from top to bottom. Describing what went through your mind has
helped me identify a big problem. Especially when you mentioned you found
yourself looking all over the screen. Perhaps if you have a moment you can
comment on this - as things appear from the top down everything seems to go more
or less OK (but too fast). But then when the picture at the top fades out and a
new one fades in it causes mental confusion. My brain seems to have the
following reaction when the slideshow starts: "Hey, wait a minute! I'm already
having trouble keeping up with all this fast-moving stuff and now I'm supposed
to re-examine and re-evaluate something I thought I was done with at the top of
the screen and simultaneously follow what's going on at the bottom of the
screen? Forget it!" So unfortunately it looks like the slideshow feature has to
be discarded. But I don't know if that will be enough.

The final version will have a voice (probably mine) speaking the English
translation, "If you want peace, prepare for war... at prepare for war dot net."
I like your idea of having the words "Prepare For War" squish together and maybe
I'll scrap the Latin words in favor of that. If I can figure out how to keep the
Latin phrase though it would be preferable because it will tie in with the theme
of the web site. If I ever get the web site made, that is.

As frustrating as it is, I think being limited to only five seconds is a great
learning exercise because it requires good planning and organization.

The only meshes are the skull and femur bone, which were free downloads which I
converted with PoseRay. The Gadsden snake is a set of prisms and everything else
is my all-time favorite: CSG.

I really appreciate your comments and suggestions Bill!

Regards,
Dave Blandston