POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Prototype Ad : Re: Prototype Ad Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:36:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prototype Ad
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Nov 2018 19:35:01
Message: <web.5bfde1c55ce994c7765e06870@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> The length of
> the ad is limited by the publisher to five seconds. Any suggestions would be
> welcome as always!

Nice.  :)   I recognize some past projects in there!  ;)

Are those meshes?

Visually I must admit that I find it a bit distracting.

The "COEXIST" background grabs the attention, while the Roman adage "If you want
peace, prepare for war" fades in and then out - all before the part you want
people to remember progressively appears at the end.

So, I found myself looking all over the screen, translating Latin, and _just_
managing to grab the website before the video ended and YT was queuing up
another selection.

Maybe Do the ole' "I'm gonna tell you what I'm going to tell you, and then tell
you what I just told you" presentation rule.  Because people remember what's at
the beginning and end the most, as well as repetition.

So, somehow start out with "PrepareForWar" and then somehow have all the other
stuff decorate that, instead of lead up to it.

Perhaps

PrepareForWar

with a translation fading in above that to yield:

If you want peace,
Prepare For War

 then squish it down to

If you want peace,
PrepareFoWar.net

The colors --- remind me of the French flag.  (Also the color scheme I often use
- everything 1/5th of the full rgb values.)
I know the look you're going for, but maybe they could be a _touch_ brighter.

Bill