POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bricks : Re: bricks Server Time
24 Apr 2024 15:58:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bricks
From: Michal Zelechowski
Date: 17 Nov 2018 03:35:00
Message: <web.5befd18716bbce25bbed45cb0@news.povray.org>
> "Michal Zelechowski" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > After 20 years, I decided to give Povray sentimental try, checking how much more
> > powerful hardware will aid me.
>
> After 20 years, I'm sure it's a shocking amount.  :)
>
> Perhaps Mr. Horvath can chime in with new features of POV-Ray that he's added to
> his LEGO scene code, and you may enjoy making some new scenes and re-rendering
> old ones with some new twists.

Definitely would like to hear about some new capabilities. I was missing rounded
edges in objects like prism a lot. Possibly some macros would due, but haven't
that much time to focus on them.

> SSLT might give some of those blocks some real pizzazz.

Yeah, that would really remind me the old times :D

> > Attaching some teaser. More images @flickr.
> >
> > https://www.flickr.com/photos/159653411@N04/albums/72157701603170564
> > https://www.flickr.com/photos/159653411@N04/albums/72157703066137865
>

> This is a funny coincidence / synchronicity.
> Somehow I had signed up for a Flickr account, and got an email reminding me, so
> I logged in and was checking out the POV-Ray section - which of course was
> positively littered with renders of sharp things to step on.   :D

I was also positively surprised how many PovRay content is there. You may find
lots of great stuff @instagram as well.