POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : v3.8 help file update : Re: v3.8 help file update Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:49:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: v3.8 help file update
From: Kenneth
Date: 2 Nov 2018 11:25:01
Message: <web.5bdc6c26d18360a043b397d0@news.povray.org>

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/tree/master/distribution/platform-specific/windows/Help

> To be simply dropped into the v3.7 installation on which the v3.8-alpha
> is piggybacking. (They don't interfere with the v3.7 help files, as the
> file names are different.)

I finally got around to downloading the latest alpha, along with this newest
help file-- but I'm seeing a problem with the help file: Although it loads
successfully, the entries in the 'index' list don't produce any results; that
is, they don't 'connect' to the relevant portion of the docs. (That pane of the
help file remains blank.) I also tried this with an earlier alpha release and
got the same results, so it doesn't appear to be a particular alpha-release
problem.

As a last resort, I *removed* the original 3.7.0 help file from the 'Help'
folder (to see if the two files were interfering somehow), but that didn't fix
it.

I *could* be doing something wrong on my end-- that's always a possibility, ha--
 but I don't think so.