POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Divide by negative zero : Re: Divide by negative zero Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:52:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Divide by negative zero
From: Kenneth
Date: 26 Oct 2018 14:15:03
Message: <web.5bd35965a617eb5143b397d0@news.povray.org>
> Am 26.10.2018 um 05:41 schrieb Anthony D. Baye:
> > It seems to me that the engine used to throw an error when this happened...
> > Version 3.8.0-alpha.9606898.unofficial
>
> That's on Linux, I presume?
>
> POV-Ray does produce a warning if the second operand compares /equal to
> zero/.
> [etc]

For what it's worth, in POV-Ray for Windows v3.7.1 beta 9, I see the same
results as Anthony's original image-- the misplaced orange dot and the missing
hexagons at the top.

The only error messages I get are the expected ones: A missing assumed_gamma,
and the #version directive not being the first statement in the scene.

(By adding #version 3.71 , I get the same results, except for a quality
difference in the renders. But no *new* warning message.)