POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Continental Hub : Re: Continental Hub Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Continental Hub
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 Oct 2018 20:10:05
Message: <web.5bc91fd6a2905e00458c7afe0@news.povray.org>

> A few comments about the image:
> - Bald Eagle is thanked for little code that renders "an alternative
> spiral". It is the basis for the rocky outcrop height_field.

Thanks - glad to have provided something useful.
I would never have recognized it  :D

What does the heightfield image look like?  Did you make "an alternative
spiral" and then blur it to get the tapering into the plain?

> - One million trees (2 types) were planted to fight rising CO2 levels.

<Dr. Evil> "One MILLION trees...." </Dr. Evil>

I think that phytoplankton, prairie grasses, and cannabis sativa (that other
grass), would make a far bigger dent, much faster.

> - Fifty thousand boulders (also 2 types) were thrown to earth. Nice to
> mention that their sizes gradually decrease with distance from the camera.

....Why?   From where?
Aside from that, and others comments, I'll join in with agreeing that your rock
texture is indeed very nice.

> - The space structure was built in Silo2.

Nice.
Though very different - it kinda reminds me of the "Kluchikov" isosurface.
I think I'd like to see some additional renders of that.