POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Default Directory Layout : Default Directory Layout Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Default Directory Layout
From: Shinzo
Date: 7 Oct 2018 11:05:01
Message: <web.5bba2070f60021fd1f2e84640@news.povray.org>
Hello folks,

I recently downloaded the v3.7 of povray and wanted to make a portable version
of povray as I did with previous versions.

With versions prior to 3.7 I only had to install, make a backup copy of the
installation directory, and uninstall again. When I started povray within the
backup directory afterwards it would say something like:

"It seems you don't have installed povray. Povray will use the default directory
layout."

After that message povray would work just fine.

However with v3.7 Povray is unable to find "colors.inc" and any other include
file after that initial message and it seems that povray is searching in
C:\Users\Documents for that files instead within the default directory layout. I
also cleaned the registry from any Povray related entries but that had no
effect.

I would be glad if someone could point me a hint where to tell povray to search
for the include files.

Thanks in advance.