POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Feature Request: optical distortion : Feature Request: optical distortion Server Time
19 Apr 2024 08:05:46 EDT (-0400)
  Feature Request: optical distortion
From: IGM
Date: 5 Oct 2018 05:15:01
Message: <web.5bb72a6fc6953431776fc67d0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I suggest to implement the excellent work by Clemens Rabe:
http://www.clemensrabe.com/computer-vision/pov-ray/simulation-of-lense-distortion
about the new camera type with optical distorion.

Optical distortion modeling is increasingly important due to modern artificial
vision studies and applications.

After several searches, I didn't find much about this feature in Pov-Ray. If I'm
wrong and this feature is yet implemented (or in program) I apologize.

Thank you
igmar