POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Spraypaint animation : Re: Spraypaint animation Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:56:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spraypaint animation
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 1 Oct 2018 19:10:01
Message: <web.5bb2a8d593339f9cfd6b6fe10@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Really cool! I had to watch it several times to see that the spray brush was
> going up and down (as well as left to right)-- a nice realistic touch.

In all honesty, that was necessary to get the paint to spread evenly, otherwise
it would be darker at the center.  I could also use a spiral path around the
outside, since it's a circular pattern anyway.

The pattern itself is provided by a pigment. In this case, I'm using an
image-map of the Aperture Science logo. (I'm making a note here: Huge Success!)

The path of the emitter is controlled by a pair of splines, it follows one,
while aiming at the other. The way this is built, it should also dovetail nicely
with my animation macros, but I haven't tried it yet. This animation took a
little over 26 hours to render, but I had to go back and redo the first 45
frames because I changed the color mid-render.

> BTW, when I opened the video in Avidemux (my media viewer of choice), it gave me
>
> "This video contains B-frames, but presentation time stamps (PTS) are either
> missing or monotonically increasing [whatever THAT means!]. Avidemux can try to
> reconstruct correct PTS by decoding the entire video. This may take a lot of
> time. Proceed?"
>
> (Hmm, "a lot of time"-- it took 3 seconds, ha.)
>
> But I wonder if your .avi muxer is doing something weird or unintended?

I honestly have no idea, I just use mencoder in bash.  B frames appear to be
"prediction frames" containing only what's changed in the scene.  I have no idea
what causes the problem or how to fix it.

There appears to be a -correct-pts option, but the man page lists it as
experimental, and I know my version of ffmpeg is not up to date. I need to
upgrade my linux distro.

Anyway, glad you like it.

Regards,
A.D.B.