POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Position Finder" results : Re: "Position Finder" results Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Position Finder" results
From: Kenneth
Date: 28 Sep 2018 05:55:01
Message: <web.5badf964813dde7aa47873e10@news.povray.org>
> See my latest post in p.t.general. The yellow rod is situated about -200
> pov units from the trace arrow.

I got side-tracked by a surprising and different problem, concerning your test
image. I rendered the same view (as close as I could get-- using CamAng of 80),
and found that you and I are indeed getting different results(!) I have no idea
what the reason might be. My 2nd 'blended' image shows that we are at least
rendering the same view, and with the yellow rod in the same place. Why our red
arrows don't match is a mystery! Very strange. (Unless we are somehow using
different methodologies?? I doubt that, though.)

For the yellow rod in the position it's currently in, did you get the same
screen_x_position and screen_y_position values that I did (or nearly so)?

This is a mystery that we definitely need to solve ;-)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'islaytest_1_kw.jpg' (388 KB)

Preview of image 'islaytest_1_kw.jpg'