POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : a given camera doesn't give expected object's shadow laying direction : Re: Radiosity Server Time
18 Apr 2024 03:48:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity
From: Warren
Date: 26 Sep 2018 15:20:00
Message: <web.5babdb734485a7220df21d60@news.povray.org>
> Am 26.09.2018 um 18:04 schrieb Warren:

> I might make some controlled experiments to verify your claims, but for
> now I stick to my current understanding of the inner workings of the
> radiosity algorithm, according to which there should be no such effect
> that couldn't be achieved by other means.

The 2 renders of 'Glass' ; Windows 7(2013-2014)  + Ubuntu 16 (after 2016) were
done on the same CPU architecture, a core i5 2500 in my bedroom I bought in
august 2011. I will try to make a render again during the week end in one pass
if I have enough time to spend. If the render takes more than , let's say 12
hours I will stop the render, to sleep in peace, even if I have a ventirad for
my CPU). Actually, I'm not so sure about the parameters used with the render
under Windows 7, I 'm must say that 6 days is quite long (I have a strong
feeling that rendering 'Glass demo' under 'Windows 7' took at least 6 days). I
know that sometimes the human brain can compose recollections ( 'souvenirs' in
good french ) and you think you lived something or did something in the past but
that that's not true or the memory is altered faking what someone can remember.

So to conclude, you suggest me to not make two-pass rendering anymore but stick
to one simple pass rendering with radiosity, right ?