POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : passing variable to macro for use in #for statement : Re: passing variable to macro for use in #for statement Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:33:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: passing variable to macro for use in #for statement
From: Kenneth
Date: 20 Sep 2018 15:50:00
Message: <web.5ba3f86fb6c56d12a47873e10@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> More importantly, I've never had a problem using nested #if's (when including
> all of the #else keywords, anyway.) I *think* my macro is a good demonstration
> of what the docs mean by nested #ifs as explained there(?)

Hmm, I see now that my macro's nested #if's and the docs' example are different
animals.

The docs'
#if( #if(yes) yes #end ) #end

clause is trying to construct a boolean "yes" within its inner #if (for use
within the outer #if?), which is rather odd-- and different from my macro's
straightforward use of nested #if's.