POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bezier-patch torus : Bezier-patch torus Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:03:30 EDT (-0400)
  Bezier-patch torus
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 29 Aug 2018 10:20:02
Message: <web.5b86aaca3b2779d1c437ac910@news.povray.org>
OK, after the initial inspiration by BGimeno, and some much needed assistance
from TOK, clipka, and jr,
I managed to make some significant headway, and then sat down for Round Two to
work out the intimate details of Theta, Phi, the parametric equations, the array
assignments, and the array-of-array assignments.

12x36 patches, 4 corners established by the parametric and f_noise3d(), then
vectors for the planes containing those corners calculated, then the remaining
12 intermediate control points for each patch interpolated from those.

I thinks there's still a wee bit of debugging to do, with regard to the vector
calculations, but it's sure "close enough" at this point to post.

Quite frankly, I'm amazed it even works at all, but here it is  :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bezierstitching_test_2.png' (1230 KB)

Preview of image 'bezierstitching_test_2.png'
bezierstitching_test_2.png