POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spite limite In Povray : Re: Spite limite In Povray Server Time
18 Apr 2024 02:14:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spite limite In Povray
From: Kenneth
Date: 26 Aug 2018 19:05:01
Message: <web.5b833164621689cfa47873e10@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:

> Sounds like either icon and or low resolution game characters, that would be my
> guess anyway.

Do game sprites or characters *need* to be rendered at 'small' scales? In other
words, if for example a sprite is originally rendered at, say, 500X500 pixels,
will a game engine automatically downsize it if need be? I've (obviously) had no
experience with this stuff, so I'm just curious.

I guess the same question might also apply to Windows' own screen icons: Are
they initially 'made' (rendered) at the exact pixel size that shows up on
screen?