POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smoothing bicubic_patchs. A pain. : Re: Smoothing bicubic_patchs. A pain. Server Time
24 Apr 2024 17:03:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smoothing bicubic_patchs. A pain.
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 14 Aug 2018 23:10:00
Message: <web.5b7398619b869b61264be49d0@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
> "Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
> > BGimeno <bru### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > Can someone think of a better way for cover the gaps left by these
> > > sphere_sweep (cubic_spline) curves with bicubic_patch?.
> > I've now made some more images where I've tried to illustrate this better.
> >
> > I'll post them here.

The points in the blue sphere sweeps in this image follows cubic Bezier splines
made with the control points that lies along the edges of the bicubic Bezier
patches.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bicubicbezierpatches_spheresweeps.png' (480 KB)

Preview of image 'bicubicbezierpatches_spheresweeps.png'
bicubicbezierpatches_spheresweeps.png