POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : qtpovray-3.80.5 for Linux : Re: qtpovray-3.80.5 for Linux Server Time
19 Apr 2024 02:44:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: qtpovray-3.80.5 for Linux
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 Aug 2018 06:35:01
Message: <web.5b642ed5d3b3f1c1458c7afe0@news.povray.org>
dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:

> I see. No, I never knew that. Does it merge the newly rendered pixels in
> to the existing graphic?  I'm going to have to try this out.

I tried it last night - this feature isn't implemented (yet) in qtPR.

It ONLY renders those pixels - so that you can quickly fine tune some very
specific geometry or lighting, or texture issue without having to wait for the
whole parametric glass refelections photons radiosity scene to render to that
point.

Merging those pixels with a previous render is a cool idea though - maybe use a
[ctrl][alt][shift] mouse-selected bounding box to do that, or only do it when a
[new] command line switch already is in the equation.