POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : can command-line settings be accessed automatically? : Re: can command-line settings be accessed automatically? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 08:46:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: can command-line settings be accessed automatically?
From: Kenneth
Date: 1 Aug 2018 02:35:00
Message: <web.5b6153b8edadbfa3a47873e10@news.povray.org>
> Whoops - I was hasty (as usual) and should have kept reading:
> (The last paragraph is the key part)--
>
> The Create_Ini option or +GI switch provides an easy way to create an INI file
> with all of the rendering options... This option
> creates an INI file with every option set at the value used for that rendering.

YES, that will give me what I want. Thanks! I didn't realize that the created
INI file actually included the row and column information of a *partial* render
(the rectangle.) The values are in the 'percentage' format, but I can easily
change those to actual pixel positions later, with some math. (I'll be #read-ing
those values out of the INI file, to stick into a macro.) I haven't used the
#read directive in awhile, so this will be a good opportunity to brush up on
some of my old techniques.

Now I just need to figure out the rest of my code idea!

Thanks again for the important insight.