POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : No image : Re: No image Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:55:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No image
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 28 Jun 2018 15:15:04
Message: <web.5b353372326cb273c437ac910@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> there is one drawback, from my perspective, the lack of a second media which
> interacts, otoh I now know that the animation related stuff can be taken care of
> early, earlier than I thought.

I'd say it would have to be integrated from the start, due to the translations,
etc that are clock dependent.

What would the second media do?  Just produce a different color, and a third
color when all 3 overlap?  I'll give it a go - or you could just change my code
to make one media cylinder 100% red, and 50% green, and another media cylinder
50% green and 100% blue.  Then have them move in opposite directions, or easier
- just rotate one y*90.

> > Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.
> > You can't miss fast enough to win.
>
> not familiar with that phrase.  like: you can't win a race in the opening lap?

It's more of a sporting activity referring to hitting the intended area.
Don't rush - take your time.  That makes things smooth.  The smoother it is, the
faster it will be when you speed it up.

You can be the _fastest_ person to miss the target 1000 times.... no score.

> I'm too old to work on-screen exclusively.  :-)  but an outline, no matter how
> detailed, cannot compensate for lacking .. in the basics.

I have mountains of scribble paper, and sometimes use the 3 sides of a cardboard
box (x, y, z)

> like, two media?!  ;-)

Unless you beat me to it.  :P