POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : no_image behaviour : no_image behaviour Server Time
24 Apr 2024 04:00:02 EDT (-0400)
  no_image behaviour
From: jr
Date: 17 Jun 2018 10:10:01
Message: <web.5b266abc8a28a9c1635cc5ad0@news.povray.org>
hi,

I tried using the 'no_image' object modifier to achieve an effect where one
(emissive) media filled container, hidden, is intersected by another, visible
one.

the documentation (3.4.5.5.7) says "..the object will not be seen...will still
cast shadows, and show up in reflections.."

I read this as: the object is still there but you can't see it.  apparently not,
since the media filled container seems gone completely.  :-(

the question then is how can I have an media filled container "out of view" but
still interact with another, intersecting media filled container?

regards, jr.