POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RMS Titanic : Re: RMS Titanic Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RMS Titanic
From: Ton
Date: 13 Jun 2018 04:35:01
Message: <web.5b20d67970fe5398ba5d98ef0@news.povray.org>

> That is a huge project indeed. Interesting to note that you start with
> the upper deck, then going downwards, I presume? What is your building
> method: csg I presume? combination with mesh2?
>
> --
> Thomas

I started with the boatdeck and Adeck because these are the most interesting for
modelling. Below are the Bdeck, with the the forecastle and the afterdeck, Cdeck
with the cranes, and then the hull downwards. The hull might become a mesh, or a
combination of bicubic patches. Don't know yet.
Everything, sofar, is csg. The only mesh2 is the profile of the benches.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'forum2.png' (842 KB)

Preview of image 'forum2.png'