POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Flare : Re: The Flare Server Time
25 Apr 2024 07:02:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Flare
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 31 May 2018 01:25:00
Message: <web.5b0f86246edec80eb01291df0@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I enjoyed reading the story about the rooster logo! And you mentioned two things
> I also love... POV (of course), and metal. The first object I made when I began
> learning to use POV back in the early 1990s was the Metallica logo, which
> combined my interests into one activity! But I never reached the skill level you
> have. I'm always happy to see when you post a new picture.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Blandston

Many thanks for your kind words! :) \o/

Actually, I had a similar thing back in the day, early 90's it was, when also I
had the idea to POV the Metallica logo. :D However, never got far enough to
actually realize it for some reason. It can be that at first it perhaps felt a
bit too huge CSG jungle to get properly started with, and later on I may have
simply forgot it. Now when I think about it afterwards, it wouldn't be that
massive a work afterall. Maybe some day, if I only have time and inspiration, I
could give it a try again, hehe.

Cheers!