POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fat triangles : Re: Fat triangles Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:07:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fat triangles
From: lelama
Date: 30 May 2018 12:00:01
Message: <web.5b0ec9c0532d7f8621263ef70@news.povray.org>
> I've posted these to see if there is enough interest for me to either post code,
> bugs and all, or spend (quite a bit of) time cleaning it up and uploading to
> objects.

Thanks Jim, this is an interesting idea.

I made some trials on the same idea although my computations were the other way
round : from the three spheres, let say in the horizontal plane, I first
computed the 2 tangent planes to the three spheres, the one above the spheres
and the one below. From the 6 tangency points, we get 6 lines. Grouping these
lines by pair, we get 3 cones. More specifically, in the middlee of each pair is
a line through the centers of 2 spheres, and the corresponding lathe object
around the middle line is the cone to be added.

This construction shows if I am not wrong that the cone is tangent to the plane,
so I did not understand your C1-problems in your first message.

My goal was much more simple than what you did. I just wanted to draw rounded
boxes with different radius along the edges.