POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : comet effect by translate? : Re: comet effect by translate? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 18:41:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: comet effect by translate?
From: Kima
Date: 26 May 2018 10:20:00
Message: <web.5b096c4ac08c48213ce674f0@news.povray.org>
"Kima" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> There are some examples in this newsgroup for building a comet composed of a
> head and tail.
>
> It is possible (in vector programs, for instance) to create a sense of moving by
> creating a series of the same object in which the tail is blurry.
>
> I wonder if there is such possibility to gradually translate (and reduce the
> scale) an object and make blurry effects for the tail?
>
> For this, blur should be something like that in vector programs rather than the
> focal blur of povray.

I thought it might be useful to provide some examples (sorry, I still cannot
attach here).

Motion blue in photoshop
https://pe-images.s3.amazonaws.com/photo-effects/motion-blur/photoshop-motion-blur-effect.jpg
https://direct.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/thumbnails/FileUpload/38/abd42aaffe027eb9808640e7945817.jpg