POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : center of union : center of union Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:31:26 EDT (-0400)
  center of union
From: Kima
Date: 24 May 2018 13:25:01
Message: <web.5b06f4e6ddaa6c93ce674f0@news.povray.org>
Consider that we have groups a series of objects by union and call it Object 1.
Now, we want to clone and place a copy of Object 1 (unioned) beside another
object (say Object 2).

Since "translate" moves the object by relative coordinates rather than absolute
coordinates. We have two options:

1. Move Object 1 to <0, 0, 0>, then, translate it by the coordinates of Object
2.

2. Subtract the coordinates of Object 2 from those Object 1 to find the
translate values.

My question is:

1. How to put the center of a unioned object at <0, 0, 0>?
OR
2. How to find the coordinates of the center of a unioned object?
OR
Is there any approach/trick to translate a unioned object (collection of several
objects) to move to a specific point (absolute coordinates)?