POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Reading things differently. : Re: Reading things differently. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 10:00:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reading things differently.
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 May 2018 16:20:01
Message: <web.5aff34836db5d976c437ac910@news.povray.org>
I'm still looking this over and trying to construct some test cases worthy of
posting.  I've got everything in reservedwords.cpp to play with, so that ought
to keep me busy once I get a chance to actually `work on it.

Great job, Christoph, getting the scanner up to speed (and beyond!)

Also:

"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> > Absolutely. Every character you type (including whitespace) is a
> > character the scanner has to scan.

> Pity the poor SDL programmer ...

Well, something I would like added to SDL is at least one other way to tag
comments, which would be displayed in a different hue.
Because it would certainly be useful to be able to highlight some very important
text in a long /*   ...   */ comment block

Along those lines, perhaps if there were an "expert mode" comment tag, then the
scanner could just ignore the rest of everything on that line, or perhaps
something like #comment(100) would treat the following hundred lines as
comments....