POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray + Win10 : Re: Moray + Win10 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 13:43:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray + Win10
From: Rocco
Date: 10 May 2018 13:40:07
Message: <web.5af482e64bacea43f773ae8c0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I just found this message now. Recently I installed all my toolbox under Windows
10, including POVRay. I can use versions as old as 3.1. I had the same bug of
POVRay "freezing" when it starts the render. I found some workarounds :

- start POVRay in 256-color compatibility mode. When it starts, the splash
screen looks weird and upside down but it works.

OR

- When POVRay is not maximized, uncheck in the Editor menu "Auto-Show Parse
messages".

OR

The problem comes from the message window. It seems to have some
incompatibilities with Windows 10.

When I use POVRay 3.1 or 3.5 in maximized mode, I can still check messages using
the dedicated message window during render without freezing. When it's not
maximized, any message that comes up freezes POV-Ray.

So when export from Moray, be sure POVRay is maximized. At least it works for
me.

Hope it helps.