POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Old media blob issue leading to a look at sturm / polysolve. : Re: Old media blob issue leading to a look at sturm / polysolve. Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:33:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old media blob issue leading to a look at sturm / polysolve.
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 Apr 2018 10:20:00
Message: <web.5ae1df2a30ecb6fac437ac910@news.povray.org>

[Quite a lot of stuff]

First of all - great work!
I can appreciate how much you need to pick and poke and test and plow through in
order to unravel the source code, design test objects, and tease out the little
problematic details and then conceive of and implement solutions.

This is definitely where Stephen shall christen this work as the plural MATHS.

I only have the most rudimentary and tenuous grasp of what you're working on,
having never been taught these methods [that I can recall], and only getting a
sample of how they're used from the many and varied excursions into math videos
on the web.
I went to an American public indoctrination center.   You should see the
abomination they call "common core".  It's worse than the New Math.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/education-2/kid-looks-like-a-genius-shows-exactly-why-common-core-math-doesnt-add-up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIKGV2cTgqA

Just for clarification, POV-Ray uses:
bisection
regula falsa
Newton's method, and
the Sturmian method
?
Or are some of those the same?

and - where is this all located in the source code?
Because I'm a hopeless intellectual masochist like that.