POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : random-colored BRICKS : Re: random-colored BRICKS Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:33:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: random-colored BRICKS
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 17 Apr 2018 15:20:00
Message: <web.5ad6484995b142bdc437ac910@news.povray.org>
Pffff....   my brain is fried today.
It'll probably take me 4 days to see what you did there...   :D

It's very good work - something that's much needed in scenes.

It reminds me a bit of some code that TdG suggested a while back:
http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/thread/%3Cweb.5789343436e895bcb488d9aa0@news.povray.org%3E/

Maybe you'll find some additional inspiration there.

I think if you add some normals to the bricks, and maybe a bit of color
variation on the bricks themselves, then you've got yourself a really fine brick
wall there!

Have you tried it with cinder block size / pigments?

Glad to see you've been busy with projects and succeeding!  :)

Tangential musing:

I would still have to ponder how to get some randomization to the bricks, and
add unevenness to the mortar - with drips and splotches of splashed mortar on
the bricks.

Just off the top of my head, I'm thinking that maybe the edges of the bricks
could be given a transparent color, with a wee bit of turbulence.  And the brick
texture could have a very sparse foreign color added - like magenta - and then
and eval_pigment macro could place blobs of mortar after the brick wall is
constructed....

Not sure if any of that is possible with the way you're doing it, or if that
would take a totally different approach.