POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crackle pattern values : Re: Crackle pattern values Server Time
24 Apr 2024 05:50:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crackle pattern values
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 13 Apr 2018 09:05:01
Message: <web.5ad0aabebb501a74c437ac910@news.povray.org>

> >> A trick I find useful when working with maps is to hard code a value as
> >> follows using function{} :
> >>
> >> // pigment_pattern {NR_wood_grain}
> >>      function { 0.91 }
> >>      texture_map {...}

Ah, I see this clearly now.   Very clever  :)

Presumably one can do function {Val1, Val2, Val3}

to specify any "x, y, z" coordinate to evaluate the map at.

I'll see what I can work out using that method.

I also had some issues getting the text object to work well as a pigment pattern
- is there a trick for getting a text object with infinite thickness - or would
that not be necessary?