POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crackle pattern values : Re: Crackle pattern values Server Time
20 Apr 2024 10:09:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crackle pattern values
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 11 Apr 2018 19:00:00
Message: <web.5ace9305bb501a745cafe28e0@news.povray.org>
An extension of this little project, which is something that Sven and others
might find useful, is numerically mapping a wood texture, so that you can see
which map entry it is you want to modify.

But, I need a little help here.

I've had to edit the code from the crackle experiment to even get the full
texture map to show up, to get rid of the "suspicious expression after rgb"
warning, and then get the numbers to show up, and now for whatever reason I can
only get two map entries to display.

AND, I can't seem to get the normal and finish blocks to play well in the
texture definition.

I have always had some difficulty understanding the structure and syntax of the
texture definition, so perhaps someone with vastly more experience and skill can
explain where things are going wrong, and give me a better framework for
understanding how to properly construct and assemble the subsections so that
they play well together.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'woodlabel.pov.txt' (2 KB)