POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : IKEA test : Re: IKEA test Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:07:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IKEA test
From: Rushen
Date: 5 Apr 2018 05:15:00
Message: <web.5ac5e8c1bfc0a90cdcc1f4c90@news.povray.org>
dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> On 04/05/2018 04:15 AM, Rushen wrote:
>

> > I think FFMPEG and VDub does the same thing,mainly, and that is going from still
> > to moving images. (or switching formats) And so far the avi-files produced
> > during that step show very little distortion.
>
> # create your scenes
> $ ffmpeg -i scene1-%3d.png scene1.mp4
> $ ffmpeg -i scene2-%3d.png scene2.mp4
> $ ffmpeg -i scene3-%3d.png scene3.mp4
>
> # create a file with the list of scene mp4s
> $ cat filelist.txt
> scene1.mp4
> scene2.mp4
> scene3.mp4
>
> # concatenate the scenes together, without transcoding.
> $ ffmpeg -f concat -i filelist.txt -c copy finalmovie.mp4
>
> --
> dik
> Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)

Nice idea, yes the problem is the number of different named files from each
scene.

I'm always a bit intimidated by words like "script" or "bash", but that actually
seems managable even for me.

However, what I also want to do is put in a few still images between the scenes.
But I guess I can just let POV-Ray render them too..

I also wanted to add some text overlay to the final movie. Of course this can be
done in POV-Ray as well but the plan was to add that post rendering, as well as
sound.