POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to use self defined functions as patterns? : Re: How to use self defined functions as patterns? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:47:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to use self defined functions as patterns?
From: rastertastic
Date: 2 Apr 2018 20:40:00
Message: <web.5ac2cc851863261d122abcd30@news.povray.org>
Thanks for your answers. OK I should define such functions so that the image of
the function is in [0,1] for best/predictable results.

clipka:
> The function result is always "folded" into the [0..1] range; the exact
> algorithm depends on the waveform (ramp_wave being the default).

Ok thanks for that information, I was wondering how it decides what color to
give for values outside that range, to be honest I don't quite understand your
answer but it's enough for now.

The manual is a treasure trove I shall spend more time reading it.